The Plant Manager is responsible for overseeing and organizing the daily operations of production plant. Plant managers maintain optimum operation by assigning workers, creating and keeping work and production schedules, hiring and training new employees, collecting and looking through data to find places of waste or places of improvement, keep an eye on worker safety and plant safety, monitor the production equipment (machines & molds) to make sure that it stays in good working order, and repair or replace the equipment when needed.
- Previous working experience in manufacturing environment for at least 10 years, 5 of which as a plant/production manager.
- BS degree in engineering or related fields.
- In-depth knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, operational planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stay on schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive problem solver