Please apply directly via Joanne@connectrecruit.co.za
Summary: Responsible for the operational management of the fund management business and underlying investment funds. Accountable for the reporting and delivery of operations, compliance, legal and finance procedures to ensure seamless business delivery of fund operations and administration activities.
- Manage stakeholder relations, reporting and communications
- Coordinate weekly fund meetings and bi-weekly operations team meetings
- Provide input into fund operations team meetings
- Support the strategy formulation and development process for the business
- Manage financial administration processes and rhythms
- Support annual budget, audit, tax and reporting processes
- Conduct monthly invoicing and payments process
- Load monthly payments on bank and present for authorization
- Support the preparation of monthly financial reports
- Support the timely submission of tax returns and payments
- Manage KYC on clients or investors in line with FICA requirements
Client Relationship Management:
- Manage professional stakeholder communications (written and verbal)
- Draft and issue quarterly investor statements and fund reports
- Coordinate and minute quarterly Board meetings
- Interface with key stakeholders on ad hoc communications
- Support fund raising processes and initiatives
Business Process Optimisation:
- Understand business and fund operational policies and procedures
- Suggest improvements to operational processes
- Support the implementation of financial infrastructure and rhythms to enable the business from a financial process and systems perspective
- Support the setup of new funds
Legal and Compliance:
- Implement annual fund compliance rhythms
- Manage legal and regulatory compliance on funds
- Manage signing and storage of fund legal agreements
- Oversee rollout of policy training
- Inform the business of the impact of new regulations
- Support the management of legal opinions and policy registers
- Coordinate and manage fund events
- Manage ad-hoc strategic projects and initiatives
- Support IP development and knowledge management
- BCom or Honours degree with strong problem solving and analytical skills; BCom Accounting degree advantageous.
- 3 – 5 years in Financial Services sector administration, operations, finance or project management.
- Fund Accounting, compliance and administration experience would be favourable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Excellent computer proficiency (Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, Microsoft Teams and Zoom, SharePoint).