Job Description: Camp ManagersReports to; General Manager
The main responsibilities and duties are:
- To manage the day to day running of the Camp in its entirety.
- To ensure all guests receive the unique personalised experience, compliant with our high standard of service offering.
- Client greetings and briefing and hosting meals
- To ensure all staff are motivated, have a high standard of work ethic and follow the company procedures at all times.
- To maintain a positive relationship with the communities and neighbours.
- Oversee the financial procedures and ensure strict controlling in accordance with approved budgets.
- Ensure that general data is accurate, timely and consolidated; interdepartmental reports have to be generated on time to measure the performance of the individual departments.
- To ensure health and safety including protection of all guests, staff, property and equipment
- To ensure safety procedures are in place for guests both in the property and when participating in activities, excursions and transfers, as well as for staff, property, plant and equipment, in coordination with all Managers.
- Ensure that overall repairs and maintenance of the property are being followed through, focusing on preventive maintenance.
- Ensure all procurement, stores and stock control are being followed correctly, in accordance with the operations manager.
- Ensure that the overall hygiene of the Camp is in place and maintained to a high level.
- Ensure month-end stock takes are done and submitted on time according to the financial time-line.
- Exercise and implement cost saving measures.
- To ensure the guests needs are catered for at every occasion.
- To ensure the experience for each set of guests is unique and memorable.
- To host guests at all meals and at any other time of the day when required.
- To manage arrivals and departures in conjunction with the Nairobi booking office.
- Organise the team and ensure priorities receive the necessary attention and supervision.
- Handle camp accounts – petty cash, safe, local supplies and purchases and income and expense sheets
- General camp administration, stock/inventory and financial reporting
- Conservancy liaison and liaison with local landlords
- Ensure highest service levels are maintained across.
- Rooms allocations, guide and vehicle allocations, and planning purchase of park tickets
- Supervise the team to ensure that they perform their duties properly and professionally; perform spot checks.
- Ensure that the mess area and guest’s facilities are up to standard at all times.
- Ensure menus are balanced and the quality of the food is stable and high class.
- Facilitate all offered activities and requests.
- Host the guests at lunch and dinner and welcome them when they come back from their afternoon game drive.
- Deal with guest complaints immediately should the guide on duty require assistance.
- Monitor daily expenditures and maintain authorisation procedures.
- Manage camp shop and submit sales reports and inventory
- Ensure all furniture, fixtures, equipment, related equipment are being maintained and taken care of in a professional manner.
Monthly, quarterly and annual tasks
- Maintain the mid and month-end administration cycle (controlling operations) and ensure the related stock takes and inventories are completed by physically inspecting the process and the source documentation to ensure the data is correct
- Monthly property management reports need to be completed within the first week of the subsequent month and submitted to Operations Manager.
- Draw up a comprehensive repair and maintenance plan ensuring the necessary gets done.
- Ensure inventories are carried out at opening, mi-season and closing of the season.
- Ensure prompt attendance is maintained and registers checked daily (update Muster Roll).
- Management of annual leave for your staff and yourself ensuring days owed are taken in the course of the year.
- Ensure all staff receive proper medical attention when they are ill
- To research, co-ordinate and manage staff training programmes.
- To coordinate and conduct training for employees as required by operations, as well as on matters relating to the company’s General Employment Terms, Code of Conduct and other relevant policies.
- You are to act as a leader to all departments and members of staff.
- You will be responsible for the well-being of all staff (food & accommodation checks).
- You will be expected to behave honestly and be sober at all times.
- You will maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and keep are in good health.
- Your appearance and behaviour is to be that of a senior manager representing the Company
- No abusive language or behavior.