Private Boys School is seeking to appoint an Assistant to the Business Manager. This is a key role within the School and the successful candidate will have extensive administrative and secretarial experience at senior management level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- To act as first line contact for the Business Manager, using discretion and tact to ensure telephone callers and visitors receive a professional response, and where appropriate direct matters to the appropriate staff members.
- To generate an environment of efficiency.
- Provide efficient financial and administrative assistance. This may also include assisting other staff in the Finance department with various billing and collection duties.
- To liaise with members of the administration, academic and support staff as appropriate.
- Prepare presentations, reports and handle correspondence for the Business Manager.
- Minute taking at Finance Committee and other meetings as required.
- Diary management and co-ordination of meetings, appointments and conference attendance for the Business Manager.
- Attend Health and Safety Committee meetings and inform the Business Manager of all relevant issues.
- Maintenance of administrative systems and filing as well as general secretarial duties.
- Assist the HR department with various aspects of HR administration within relevant deadlines, including preparation of timesheets, submission of variation reports and new details to payroll, maintain employee leave forms, handling general HR, pension and tax queries.
- Assist with the submission of various HR reports.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Relevant post matric qualification advantageous.
- 5 year’s previous finance and administration experience.
- Good organisational skills with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Discretion, tact and confidentiality.
- Exceptional financial administration and literacy skills to prepare correspondence and reports and maintain records to a high standard.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to interact at an executive level.
- Responsible and caring individual who can take charge of difficult situations and work under pressure.
- Flexibility to work occasionally early or late and at weekends as necessary.
- An appreciation of the school, its tradition and history.
- Excellent MS Outlook, Word and Excel skills.
- Excellent Google drive, diary and email skills.
- IT literate with a typing speed of 80+ wpm.
- Dictation and transcription experience.
- Minute-taking experience.