The Factory Manager is responsible for overseeing and organizing the daily operations of the factory. The Factory Manager maintains optimum operation by assigning workers, creating and keeping work and production schedules, hiring and training new employees, collecting and looking through data to find places of waste or places of improvement, keep an eye on worker safety and plant safety, monitor the production equipment (machines & molds) to make sure that it stays in good working order, and repair or replace the equipment when needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Workers: Hire, train, and assign operational workers; create and update work and production schedules; Communicate with employees about performance expectations; and address employee requests, issues, or grievances. The Factory Manager must also ensure that employees follow standard operating procedures and safety rules within the facility.
- Increase Production: Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping by allocating resources effectively and utilizing assets with the goal of increasing production while still maintaining quality standards.
- Monitor Productivity and Reduce Waste: The Factory Manager must collect and analyze data to identify potential areas of waste, including unwarranted overtime. Then, he/she must rectify those issues. The Factory manager must also create systems and processes that track productivity (capacity utilization rate) so that effective return on assets is ensured.
- Implement and Monitor Safety Procedures: The Factory Manager must commit to learning and implementing plant safety procedures, teaching those safety procedures to employees, and monitoring employee compliance with those procedures.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Previous working experience in a food manufacturing environment for at least 10 years, 5 of which must have been within the dairy and confectionery divisions.
- Related degree would be ideal.
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and stay on schedule in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive problem solver